Hi all, I’m back from a fantastic week at JES with 300 fun-loving Esperantists. You can read my summary over at the Transparent Language Esperanto blog where I’ve made a guest post.
Now that it’s 2011, I’m on to some new challenges. I’ve started on Dutch, working my way through some of Assimil’s “Dutch With Ease” to start off. I’ve made a fancy new spreadsheet to track my progress, which I’ll post soon as soon as I make some more additions to it. One thing I’ve added to it is conditional styles, so that if I get more than a certain number of hours in a day or a week, then it colours the box bright green. 🙂
I’m also considering trying one of those experimental sleep schedules, to free up more hours in the day for language study. If anyone has any experience with any types of Polyphasic sleep, then please let me know. I’d love to have 20+ hours in a day to devote to languages, and now seems like a good time to try something crazy like that.
I’ll post an update at the end of the week to give an idea of how the project is going. I have a feeling I’m going to have to make up a lot of time from this week, since 3 days have already passed, but were mostly taken up by the last day of JES and a day of traveling. Tonight I’m going out to a post-JES Esperanto party here in Berlin, so tomorrow will be my first full day of Dutch studying.